Action Nepal' is a non-political, non-sectarian, non-governmental, non-profit making, humanitarian organization established with a view to develop the socioeconomic status of Nepalese people especially residing in rural area. It has paid its especial consideration/attention to work with deprived and marginalized people of the country adopting the methods of optimum utilization of local resources and technology.
Except the above, the organization also offers consulting services in different fields such as, Agriculture, Water resources, environmental management, renewable energy technology, climate change, financial management, cooperative management, institutional development, social mobilization, women, youth and child rights issues and different types of training, workshop, seminar and others in the related fields.
'Action Nepal' is committed to maintain the highest possible professional standards in all assignments entrusted to it. It has separate proposal selection and design cell staffed by experienced professionals and backed up by sub-ordinate staff and other volunteers’ deployed at field level including junior technical staff. It takes special care to meet very stringent design standards and quality in every job completing them within agreed time frame.
We aimed for :
- Promotion and strengthening of people's Organization i.e. local NGOs, CBOs, Cooperatives, Farmers/Women' self-motivated/promoted registered/ unregistered group, and other potential local groups working in the field of development.
- Promotion of Activities that protect or improve the lives of women and children.
- Adoption of Integrated approach for development process including promoting of foreign or local low cost technology.
- Assisting & facilitating the local people for their self motivated development effort, promotion and adoption of optimum utilization of natural resources for the sustainable development, development of local human resources through the appropriate training, counseling, seminars, exposure tour etc.
- Working in the various sectors such as, Social mobilization, Empowerment of marginal people, human rights and good governance, poverty alleviation, rural drinking water, irrigation, and other community development works.
- Design training courses, training materials, etc. and provide training as well.
- Conduction of various action researches.